Here are a few tips from MRE Electrical Group principal electrician Brian Parslow to help you make the right decision:
- Measure the room or space that needs cooling and heating. The power output of air-conditioning systems directly relates to its ability to effectively cover the space. MRE will assist you in determining the right sized system for your room or home.
- Purchase only reverse cycle systems. The cost difference compared to cooling or heating only systems is minimal, and you will get year-round comfort.
- Inverter air-conditioning systems are more energy efficient and save electricity costs.
- Many retailers focus on the sale price of the unit and avoid talking about installation costs that can sometimes exceed the purchase price. When comparing suppliers, make sure you get install prices when buying units. All MRE systems are priced with installation costs included giving you overall better value for money.
- Is your home insulated and does the room being cooled/heated face the west or another direction? This information is critical in determining the right sized system. If the belting western sun cooks the room during summer, you may need a higher kw system than a similar sized room facing the north.
- Ask lots of questions and make sure the supplier and installers are experienced in air-conditioning.
MRE Electrical Group operates in Toowoomba, the Darling Downs and the Greater Brisbane regions. View details at www.mregroup.com.au or LIKE us on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/MREElectricalGroup/
Power Up with MRE Electrical Group – Since 1996
Written and Published by www.presentprofessionally.com.au